Now, the nightmare begins.
1. Professor Randy David, a sociology professor at UP Diliman, together with Ronald Llamas, President of Akbayan Partylist and lawyer, Atty. Argie Guevarra were arrested by plainclothes policemen in a rally commemorating the EDSA revolution 20th anniversary that was violently dispersed by the Police yesterday. The three were released by court porsecutors due to lack of evidence on the charges of sedition filed against them.
2. Former Senator Gringo Honasan together with other individuals mostly RAM members were charged before court for complicity in the failed Coup de etat (read: the Oakwood Mutiny). Gringo et al were charged of a crime that happened three years ago. His house was raided by police yesterday. Gringo is now nowhere to be found.
3. The office of Tribune, a known opposition newspaper, was raided by the PNP and its properties confiscated.
4. Congressman Crispin Beltran of the militant Anakpawis Partylist has just been arrested by the PNP in Bulacan.He is charged with a sedition case filed against him in 1985, a period when everyone else who is fighting the Marcos dictatorship were labeled rebels.Congressman Satur Ocampo of Bayan Muna Partylist eludes arrest.
5. Police arrested today retired General Ramon MontaÃ±o while he was playing Golf in Cavite.
Who’s next? The count continues…